Franj; or Ljubljana?
Dan and I came across this watering trough with a drowning Cardinal (see the hat? or is that a bishop's hat? or perhaps just a priest?), watched over as he goes under by a sad lady who is not an angel, no wings, and no halo, and not really looking like a Mary, and a monster beneath the water. At first, seeing just the photo from the card, I thought it was Croatia. No luck locating it. Now I am looking at Dan's log, there at his feet, and the chronology of his nightly entries puts this in Kranj, Slovenia; or possibly Llubjlana. The location in the notes looks like Kranj. Or Ljubljana, not far. The Cathedral in Ljubljana dates from the mid-15th Century, but this is a new grouping.
What issue is being addressed? Who is the Cardinal, or Bishhop? Or priest? Spoiler: We now think this is Franc Frantar. And he was just a priest, but how did he manage to escape temporarily to Malawi with prosecution pending for child abuse, except for collaboration with a Bishop? See FN 1
- Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. [Offend is not the transliterated word; ensnare is, see Strong's word numbering G4624, with Greek letters phonetically like skandallsE (scandal?), see http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/NTpdf/mat18.pdf/]
- Mark 9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea. [Offend? Merely offend? Again, the word in transliteration is not "offend" but "ensnare", see G4624, http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/NTpdf/mar9.pdf/]
- Luke 17:2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones. Again, ensnare, see above, and http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/NTpdf/luk17.pdf
- Dan's entry: "stature of man drown with octopois stature the lady folding her hands and looking at man I am beside her with tree ...." This is located as the sentence after another statue we saw, of Slovenia's paramount poet, the 19th Century Dr. France Preseren 1800-1849. And the next entry showed Kranj to Zagreb, Croatia. The preceding entry is for Ljubljana and Lake Bled.
- Information: Archdiocese of Ljubljana, Franc Frantar, who was detained (it says) in 2006 for "sexual abuse of up to 16 minors." He was sentenced to prison 5 years, after having escaped to Malawi to be a missionary there, then returned to Slovenia once an Interpol warrant issued. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_sex_abuse_cases_by_country#Slovenia. Problem: Wiki ran into a dead end in finding more about that name.
- Do a search for it, however, and a Franc Frantar appears in Slovenian articles.